Sunday, September 24, 2006

Jackass 2, Surprises, Transfering, and Marco Tempest

[10:25p]

I. Jackass 2



Why it is that seeing people hurt themselves is so funny, I do not know, but I do know that Johnny Knoxville and the other Jackass Boys are completely out of their minds.

Friday night I went with my buddy Justin L. to see one of the most anticipated films of the year
, Jackass: Number Two. Ja:NT continues in the same vein as the first film and the TV show. It simply is a series of shorts strung together with two themes in mind: Pain and Stupidity.

The first scene in the film is filled with absolute suspense that I won't go into detail with, but let's just say that you fear for the future of Chris Pontius's capability to ever reproduce again.

Several of the stunts just made me cringe while one or two others seriously made me feel like gagging. Despite the gratuitous violence and nudity, this film is filled with laughs from start to finish. The ending is well done and clever. In the closing credits, Bam Margera says to the camera, "Please God, don't let them do a Jackass 3. Please." Bam had some pretty bad stunts in the film...

Anyway, if you can deal with male nudity and countless scenes of vomiting, then you might enjoy it. I guess as this is something I've grown up with, watching the TV show, I'm not as shocked by some of the material as others would be. Desensitization? I guess so.


II. Surprises

Saturday night was great. I drove down to Monrovia with some friends of mine to go celebrate my buddy Grant's birthday. His girlfriend Jessica was super cool to throw a surprise party for him.

We had a pretty good time, played some games including one game for the PS2 that's like DDR except for singing. I can't remember the name of it, but it was pretty rad. We also listened to the newest song that Grant's new band Bentrovato has recorded called "Resolution". Have a listen on their Myspace Page.

Grant's been one of my best friends for a long time and it was nice to see him again. He moved down to Pasadena this summer, so we haven't been able to hang out as much. I miss the guy.

I'm one for surprises. I love the idea of not expecting something. Granted, bad surprises aren't so great... "Surprise, I'm pregnant!"... probably not a good one.

I've never really had a surprise birthday party thrown for me. The one time that someone actually tried, not enough planning or thought was put into it. I actually ended showing up to the party before anyone else did. Needless to say, people were a little surprised when the birthday boy answered the door. I was greated by a confused, "Uh.. surprise?!?"... Still had a good time, but yeah... no real surprises for me. Am I not worth the effort and planning? *emo alert*

Oh... and I got Grant a gift card to Hollister. He was more than happy.


III. Transfering

While Tumbleweed Tech (AKA: AVC) is a great college, it's not a place I want to stay at forever. Classes have been going great and I do have some friends here, but I have plans to finish my education at a 4-year university.

The past couple of years, I had planned to go to Azusa Pacific University, a private Christian college in the Pasadena area. Just recently, I've re-thought my options. I want to stay in California, somewhere not too far from home for the occasional laundry run, and in range of good recreational activity. I've figured that the University of Southern California is probably the best fit for both my major (Business Administration) and my personal interests.

My friend Emily (Blog) brought up the argument that if I'm going to pay the money for a private school, I might as well spend it on the best eduaction I can get. Valid point.

I'm planning on trying to transfer after this year... so, fingers crossed.


IV. Marco Tempest

I've always been a fan of "magic tricks" or what I simply call Illusions. One "magician" has recently become very popular on YouTube.com with his "Cell Phone Magic". It's really cool actually. A lot of people want to know how the illusions are done, but I'm content with taking the trick at face value. These people know their craft very well and if they can make a living off of it, then good for them.

Here's the latest Camera Phone trick from Marco Tempest:


You can check out his other videos at his YouTube Profile.


Oooh... Ahhh... Sassy...


[11:19pm]

1 reactions. Post a Comment:

Justin Gott said...

Lebens was right.

I am pissed. . .

Looking forward to seeing it while you're going "Ooh, watch this, this part's funny!"

O well ; )

See ya in a few