Thursday, September 21, 2006

Greatest Tone, Wallpaper, North, and Photography.

[12:11a]

Okay... I'm going to try to get this out quickly, because I need to get to sleep... Here it goes.

I. Greatest Tone

Back in High School, I did a drama class. My sophomore year, we did two different productions; My Fair Lady and Shakespeare's Twelth Night. Both productions were great, but a saying arose from some of my friends that year (including Justin)... "Oh, it was better than 'My Fair Lady', but not quite as good as 'Twelth Night'"... Good memories.

Anyway, in rehearsals for 'My Fair lady' our choir accompanist Jamie B. would run us through the songs. On one fateful day, she said to me in front of everyone, "Cy, you have the best tone ever." Which was really nice to hear from her, but soon spun out of control because of my friends. Pretty much whenever I had to sing something, someone would always say that phrase in a jovial kind of way. Justin used it a lot too.

So now, I'm reminded of that phrase in my voice class today. Our next project in class is to choose, practice, and perform a song from a movie or a broadway musical. I didn't really have a preference, but it seemed that all the girls wanted me to sing Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Music of the Night" from The Phantom of the Opera. Not really caring, I went with it.

Today in practice, I sang it for the first time, while Dr. Kim (the instructor) played it on the piano. At the end of my practice, everyone was clapping. Wow. Dr. Kim said I had really good tone. Another female classmate, while we were leaving class, said "Cy, you could sing anything to me anytime and I'd be happy."

Not to inflate my ego or anything, but it felt good getting recognized for this talent I've been blessed with. I guess that's why I'm taking this voice class; to build and develop what God's given me. Yay.


II. Wallpaper

Okay, you might be thinking, "Wallpaper? what the heck?"

No, this isn't a section on interior decoration. You might not think this is all that significant, but it's important to me... so there.

I hardly ever change my desktop wallpaper. I usually find something I like and stick with it for a good 6-8 months. Today I found a wallpaper I really liked and decided it was a good time to change.


Click to Download


I think it's pretty neat. I've always liked the radioactive symbol for some reason.


III. North



North is the second album released from the Orange County band Something Corporate. North was first released almost 3 years ago in October of 2003. I remember buying this album and instantly falling in love with it. I haven't listened to it much over the last couple years, but decided that today I would pop it in the CD player. The songs are just as beautiful as they were years ago.

You've probably heard of Jack's Mannequin, which is lead by Something Corporate frontman Andrew McMahon. He has been hard at work making good music with this new band. The Jack's Mannequin website says that they are a 'sideproject'. There hasn't been any rumors or news about Something Corporate producing a new album, but hopefully they aren't done for good. They're absolutely amazing.

I recommend picking this album up if you don't already have it. You can get it for $10 or less from Amazon.com.


IV. Photography

Tonight at the gym, as I was finishing up and walking back to the locker room, I saw Scott S., a guy I went to High School with. We got to talking about working out, college, and life. I learned that he had dropped his classes for the semester over at AVC and is enrolling in a photography school.

Scott and I are friends on Myspace and I had seen some of his recent shots, and they're pretty good!















I really miss photography. I really want to get back into it. A couple months ago, I did an entry on Kevin Lee, another guy I went to High School with. You can see that entry here.

You can see some of the shots I've taken here.


[12:55a]
Cy

1 reactions. Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the biohazard symbol.