Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Truth, Lies, and Pizza Crust

Just a random title really. Well maybe. I've been thinking about what we say to people. And maybe not just what we say but how we act. A lot of people are liars. I am, I admit. There's times where I'll lie to cover my own butt. Honestly though, I'm a lot better at being truthful now, than when I was say a couple years ago. I guess it comes with age and maturity.

But seriously, why do we lie? Is it some dire need to impress? Or to avoid confrontation or punishment? Lies are not who we are. Lies are making something to be what its not. We can lie about different things. We can lie about what we did last weekend. We can lie about our age. We can lie about our beliefs. Why, though? Why lie? I really don't get it, yet its something that I do.

Maybe lies are something to make us feel like someone or something we want to be. Maybe lies are ways of living an easier life. I don't know.

But Truth. Now truth is something special. In a world and a life full of lies, getting truth from someone is rare. There's something awesome about truth though. It's unexplainable. You just get a good feeling from knowing truth. Even if the truth is bad, or if it hurts, or heartbreaking, there's still something good about knowing the truth.

I've been finding this out lately just about myself and others... distinguishing between truths and lies. In my own life, I'm being cautious about what I say, making sure the truth gets out and that a lie doesn't slip out. It's difficult sometimes, but it's really the right thing. Eh.

So Pizza Crust. My favorite is pan. Yum. Good stuff. Stuffed crust is good too. Don't know why I put this in the title. That was random.

Tonight I got to hang out with some of my old friends from high school who graduated a year before I did. Mallory, Emily, Nadia, Amy, and Matt... you guys rock. We went to McDonalds cause it's nugget tuesday (6 piece chicken nuggets for $1). Back in the old days we used to go every week, but since watching Super Size Me, I've drastically cut down how often I eat at McDonalds. In fact tonight was only the second time I've eaten at McDonalds this whole year. Pretty proud about that to say the least. Also I believe today marks the day where I haven't had soda for 13 months. That's been great too.

Well, I'm out of time. Hopefully something interesting will happen that I can write about. I've got family flying in from NY on Thursday... We'll be hitting up Universal Studios Hollywood, Disneyland, Las Vegas, the beach... etc... So I'll write about that I guess. Anyway, play it safe out there.

HOLLER!
Cy


Tomorrow: I uncover the secret to why birds suddenly appear everytime you are near.

0 reactions. Post a Comment: