Saturday, August 20, 2005

"Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't"

...If you're wondering about the title, it's a song from one of my favorite bands, Brand New.

So here is the update on my life for tonight:

Today I drove my cousin Michelle, her husband Larry, and their son to LAX (Los Angeles Airport). They flew back home to Baltimore, Maryland today.

Being from Lancaster, we have to use the freeways to get anywhere. For us, getting to LAX consists of using three freeways: the 14 Freeway, Interstate 5, and Interstate 405. If you have no clue about what I'm talking about, you can see a pretty neat map of the Los Angeles Freeway system here.

We left the house about 1pm today to leave room for traffic and any problems that might happen at the airport. We got to LAX at 3:40. That's right, It was basically a two and a half hour drive. It was terrible. LAX is only about 75 miles from my house, so it really should only take around an hour and a half. The traffic was insane.

I drop them off, say our goodbyes, hug each other and I'm back on the road. Same exact thing the way back. I left around 4:30pm and got home at 7pm. I drove right through rush hour. Another two and a half hours. Basically, I have drove around for five hours in stop and go traffic. Terrible.

The upside to all this was that on the way back, to stay awake, I called people on my cell. I talked to a couple people from HOBY that I haven't talked to in awhile... JT, Jack, Katie, Ara, some others... left a couple messages too. So that was nice. It made the two and a half hours go by faster.

When I got home my mom was having a PartyLite party at her house. If you don't know what that is, it's like those tupperware parties that you went to as a kid... except for candles. Needless to say, when I got home, I was hit in the face with a mesh of aromas. It was nice, just a little surprising. I was dead tired from the drive so I went upstairs to my room (which is once again mine, because no more relatives are over...) and crashed for two and a half hours. (It's funny because it seems that everything I do is coming in segments of two and a half hours.)

I woke up around 9:40pm and had plans to hang out with some of my best friends Justin (you can read his blog at www.husteensworld.blogspot.com), Mallory, and Emily. Emily is an awesome girl, super smart, and funny. She also goes to USC. This fall she'll be a sophomore. Pretty neat. Anyway, she leaves tomorrow to go back to school, so we decided to hang out tonight.

The four of us met up at Emily's house and talked a little bit. I can always have incredible conversations with these kids. They rock. Mallory bought some flip flops for me at her work at American Eagle Outfitters. I don't know if she wants me to reveal that, but they are maybe the most comfortable things I've ever worn on my feet.

By now it's about 10:40pm, so we decide to run over to ColdStone's. If you don't have a ColdStone's nearby, I'm very sorry. It's the best. You pick an ice cream flavor and what they call "mix-ins" (butterfingers, oreos, brownies, gummy bears, nuts, etc.) and they mash it all together on this frozen granite stone. It's very cool. I got my usual, a medium ("love it" size) half coffee-half chocolate with oreos, brownies, and hot fudge mixed in. It's probably my favorite, ever. haha. We take our ice cream outside and eat it up. A couple minutes later a few drunk (I assume) girls run in to the store wearing costumes and work-out gear. One is dressed as a cheetah and has whiskers painted on her face. They were being obnoxious. It was fun to watch. They were a little too loud so we went back to my car where we finished eating our ice cream, talking more about relationships, memories, old friends... stuff like that. We're talking a little bit and this old big man with a huge beard walks up to his van which is parked right in front of us. As he opens the door, a huge "bloody-murder type" scream was let loose. It was from one of the drunk girls, but it sounded like it came from inside his van. He then closed the door. We joked around that maybe he had kidnapped some woman and was stopping to get ColdStone's. lol. On the back of his van he had painted on "LOST? Follow Me"... as he drove by, one of the drunk girls ran after his van. Good laughs. lol.

We head back to Emily's house where we talk even more. It's great because these are some of my friends that I can really carry on a long conversation just about anything. We went from funny memories and stories to talking about our parents and the problems we have sometimes to discipline to when we have children to movies we've seen to relationships (again)... just good discussion. That's what I missed most last year during school. Mallory and Emily both graduated from the class of 2004. Justin and I graduated this past June. ('05!)

So here I am, back at home, typing up this blog. It's 1am in the morning now. It was long winded, I know. I said I was going to put pictures up. I lied. I decided that every Sunday when I do my "Week In Wrap-Up" (WIWU or WeeeWooo), I will also post pictures from that week. I also said that I would talk about The 40 Year Old Virgin staring Steve Carell (Anchorman), but I slept in today and missed going out with Emily and her boyfriend to see it this morning. Maybe I'll watch it this weekend.

Oh yeah, before I left, my mom told me that her brother (my uncle who was here with his family this past week) told her that my cousins read this blog and read what I wrote about how my youngest cousin (4-years old) was annoying the heck out of me. I told her, all I said was true and there's no use hiding the truth or holding back. I feel how I feel. I don't not like my family, it's just that that little boy needs to be spanked. lol. Just my opinion. I certainly hope he grows out of it and that he doesn't stay like this for the duration of his childhood (or adulthood for that matter).

Yeah, so thanks for reading all this I know it's a lot. Tomorrow shouldn't be a lot, I'll probably discuss something deep and share a little bit of what's on my heart. :) Hope everyone's weekend goes well. Don't go to crazy! Remember, you drink and drive, you lose.

PS: Listen to Damien Rice.

Ask me what it's like
to have myself so figured out.
I wish I knew.


So long, sweet summer,
Cy


Tomorrow: Randomness, maybe some thoughts...

Categories: , , ,

1 reactions. Post a Comment:

Justin Gott said...

The bearded guy in the van was HILARIOUS! I was positive that he had some girl in the back of the van, tied up, with duct tape over half her mouth. . Priceless - Thanks for hangin - It was fun!