Friday, August 12, 2005

Alright... Getting Caught Up

Hello world,

Alright two days to get caught up on... It's all fresh out the box. Stop, look, and watch. Ready yet? Get set. It's all that...

Yeah, so I have some relatives that I haven't seen in thirteen years. My mom's brother, his wife and their three kids. They're cool. It's interesting trying to catch up on thirteen years. They live in a town called Middletown, NY.

So yesterday (Thursday), we picked them up from LAX and drove straight to Hollywood, CA to spend the day at Universal Studios, Hollywood. It had been a couple years since I had last been to USH, so it was fun. We did all the rides and most of the shows. Pretty crowded though. The best part of Universal Studios for me is the backlot tour. I like it. Even though its pretty much the same spiel and tour every time, sometimes you can get some peeks at soundstages being used or even see some actors roaming the backlot. So Universal Studios was cool, but my relatives were already tired from the flight so we left early at 5pm.

We get back home and eat dinner. Around 9PM or so, I get an instant message from Justin about how one of my friends from junior high was driving into town from Palm Springs, CA. So we all decide to go to In-N-Out Burger to catch up on old times. We go there and three other people that I haven't seen since junior high were there as well. We end up talking until 1AM, when the place closes and we move the party over to Denny's where we talk for 2 more hours. Good times.

I was a little worried because I knew that I had to wake up in about 4 hours and drive to Anaheim, CA to spend a whole day at Disneyland. Thankfully, some plans didn't fall into place and we ended up postponing the trip. So instead, we decided to go shop around at Valencia Town Center in Valencia, CA.

After that we go to Hollywood. Again. In the last three weeks, I have been to Hollywood five times. That's way too much. I'm officially tired of the place. We go shopping around at the Hollywood and Highland Center and have dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. Good stuff.

After that, we go back to LAX to pick up even more relatives. My cousin Michelle, her husband, and their son. So right now, there are a lot of people at my house. It's overwhelming. Tomorrow we're having a birthday party for my nephew, which should be good.

Yeah, so it was a lot. Nothing really interesting, unless you like knowing every detail in my life, or you're just a stalker, or you're both. Anyway, enjoy some of the pictures I took...



A witty shirt at a place called Neighborhoodies.



Grauman's Chinese Theater



Original Chinese "Heaven Dog" in front of the theater



A happy looking manequin



Hollywood and Highland Center

Well folks, that's it for today. Take care of yourselves this weekend.

That's hot.
Cy


Tomorrow: maybe more pictures, my nephew's birthday party, wedding crashers.

2 reactions. Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cy! What a small world...I live about half an hour away from Middletown!

Hope you're enjoying yourself!

Much love, Ran

Abe Serrano said...

Why wasn't I invited for the family reunion? Ha Ha! Got to love large ethnic families. I know I do. I know what you mean about Hollywood. How about living in it everyday - ugh!

The Brother