Friday, August 19, 2005

So Much Stuff, So Little Time...

Alrighty, I'm not in such a great mood right now... but more on that later. Here is the abridged version of the Disneyland trip...

1. Left Vegas at 5am.
2. Arrived at Lancaster at 8:30am.
3. Ate brunch
4. Left for Disneyland
5. Arrived at Disneyland at 12pm
6. For most of the day did rides/attractions that were more appealing to my younger cousins rather than to someone my age (e.g. Autopia, Alice in Wonderland, It's a Small Annoying World, and the parade, etc)
7. Saw "Remember... Dreams Come True" - the most amazing fireworks show you will ever see. It's themed to the music of past and present Disneyland attractions. Very cool.
8. Saw "Fantasmic" again. Great show, still.
9. Rode the new Space Mountain. It had been closed for the last two years for a total makeover. The inside was gutted out and the entire ride was rebuilt with added special effects and a new soundtrack. The re-entry effect alone is worth waiting in line for 40 minutes.
10. Left Disneyland at like 12:10am
11. Got home at 2am.

That was all Tuesday.

Here's what happened Wednesday...

Absolutely Nothing. And it was amazing. I've had something going on every single day since last Thursday and it was finally nice to have a break. My uncle and aunt and their three kids left on Wednesday back for New York, so that's 5 less people in the house, which is also nice. It was fun hanging out with them, but going everywhere and driving around a lot was starting to become taxing. And my youngest cousin who's 4, was driving me crazy. I have never seen a kid more spoiled in my entire life. Ugh, I'd go off on a rant, but I'm not going to.

Wednesday, what else then... at night I had an awesome conversation with my friend Jason about Life, Death, Souls, Memories, and Shopping for Girls. lol. He's an awesome buddy. Oh and mostly during the day, I played more World of Warcraft. If you don't know what that is, it's probably for the best. It's an online massive multi-player role playing game where you create a ficticious character and battle enemies and creatures to gain experience points to level up. As you level up you get special skills/weapons/armor and what not. Not that most of you care about this, but I'm letting you know it's a part of my life. And I play it consistently. My name is Baurius, a level 44 Night Elf Priest in the Silver Hand Realm. (lol, nerdy I know).

Ok so here comes Thursday!... This is what I did today. Or rather, yesterday now, since it's past midnight...

I woke up at about 11am, showered, ate breafast, then drove my other cousin, her husband, and their son to Universal Studios in Hollywood. If you've been keeping up with my blog, you'll know that this is now the 6th time, I have been to Hollywood within the last month. It's absolutely insane. So I dropped them off, and then drove over to Beverly Hills where I visited HOBY's official corporate office on Wilshire Bl. Very nice office, cool people. I did get lost getting there though. I went the wrong way on Wilshire which took me away from Beverly Hills and towards Downtown Los Angeles which is confusing as heck! All these one way streets and stuff, very disorienting. But, I made some phone calls and found the right way. You can always count on HOBY people. haha.

So, I was supposed to meet up with Mal again (the HOBY girl I had lunch with in Vegas) and another HOBY person, Melvin at the office, but unfortunately, Mal got in too late from Vegas and so she couldn't make it... so I waited around the office for a little while, until I found out at 5pm that they weren't coming. It was a major bummer. Oh well.

I walked around Beverly Hills for awhile til about 7pm, then I drove home and got home about 8:30pm. From home, I went straight to my friend Chris's house. (Chris is one of my old friends from Jr. High that I got to hang out with for the first time in 4 years last thursday... there was a Blog about that too ;p)... I went with my friend Justin (who now, also has a blog) to play some Texas Hold-Em poker. There were eight of us. It was a $5 buy-in tournament style game. Winner Take All (Dangit.)... so we play for a while, people get knocked out... my friend Justin and I take some big pots... 2 hours pass and there's three of us. Me, Justin, and Chris's Dad...

OK... Now... here's something about Chris's Dad. I don't know if he knows how to play. I dont think he does. He probably knows how to play poker... but just doesn't really know... if you know what I'm saying. I mean as far as betting and bluffing... that whole strategy type thing. So on EVERY SINGLE HAND this guy bets the minimum. EVERY TIME! And when we raise him to attempt to bluff him out of the hand, he calls it! EVERY TIME! So you see, it's impossible to bluff him and it's impossible to tell what he's got. Not to mention luck was in his favor because he was getting all the cards he needed. Gah, it was just not a good situation.

So Justin gets knocked out and Chris's Dad and I are about even. We play three more hands. He gets everything. I go all in on pocket twos because I'm tired and just want to finish it. LOL. So I lost, he gets all the money. oh well. Yeah so that's why I'm not in all that great a mood. I should've won. lol. Good times though.

/rant.

Alright, so that's basically all that happened the last couple days. Hope you liked it. haha.

Pictures tomorrow. I promise, big bro.

You got to know when to hold ’em, know when to fold ’em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when you’re sittin’ at the table.
There’ll be time enough for countin’ when the dealin’s done.

-Kenny Rogers

Peace and stuff,
Cy


Tomorrow: Pictures, The 40-Year Old Virgin, and the future.

Categories: , , , ,

1 reactions. Post a Comment:

Abe Serrano said...

CY! I only live 2 blocks from Beverly Hills and half a block off Wilshire. I live off of Wilshire and Fairfax. If you drove past the Peterson Automotive Museum and LACMA with the King Tut Exhibit - you drove right past my house. And I was home all night too! Next time call me! I emailed you my cell number.

- The Brother