Thursday, October 26, 2006

My Cinematic Life

If my life were to be made into a movie, terms associated with being late or having to make up ground would probably be appropriate...

RUSH (working title)

Scene 578:

FADE IN:
INT. ELEVATOR LOBBY
The scene is white washed and immaculate. There is a lone faux plant standing in the corner.

Our protagonist and his trusty sidekick are standing anxiously in front of a set of elevator doors. A "ding" is heard and the doors open.

JUSTIN
Okay we're on parking level 1. P1. Where to?

CY
Um... The office is on the third floor
so maybe P3?

CUT TO:
INT. ELEVATOR LOBBY 2
The lobby looks the same as the last except a staircase is seen and a different plant is in a different corner.

CY
Ah crap. This isn't it.

JUSTIN
This is so odd. Everything looks the same.

CY
Seriously. How are we doing on time?

JUSTIN
It's 4:30.

CY
Dangit.

The doors close shut.
CUT TO:
INT. ELEVATOR
Typical elevator music plays while our two characters stand in complete silence. Doors open.

CUT TO:
INT. MAIN LOBBY
A very large and clean room. Granite flooring tiles and a high ceiling. A row of elevators is situated in the middle of the room.

CY
Ah there we go. This looks familiar now.

Both Cy and Justin walk to an elevator. Cy presses a button and seconds later another "ding" is heard and a set of doors opens up behind them.

FADE TO:
INT. HOBY OFFICE
The office is very empty. Just a desk with several papers is seen. A hallway stretches around the corner. Our two characters walk down the hall and are greeted by several people before making a stop at the last office down the hall. In the small office room is a man with straight neck-length hair.

CY
Hey hey! Ben Blair! What is up, bud?

BEN
Oh not too much. Just working. Oh here's your camera.

CY
Great thanks a lot, man.

BEN
No problem.

CY
Hey listen, could you give us a shorter way to get
to Universal Studios? We kinda don't want to take
the 101. We're in a bit of a hurry.

BEN
Oh for sure.

Ben logs on to google maps. Searching for a while, he finally produces a sticky post-it note with directions.

BEN
Take this route, you should be good.

CY
Thanks a lot!

BEN
Oh, and don't forget to pick up some of those Matrix
DVD sets on your way out!

CUT TO:
INT. CY'S SATURN VUE
It's a roomy vehicle that has served its owner well the last 3 years. There is some wear on the seats. There's a light assortment of trash about the floor.

CY
What time is it?

JUSTIN
Almost 4:50.

CY
Wow that took a while. Maybe we'll make it in time.

JUSTIN
Maybe. I just want to get there before she does.
I just hate the thought of her waiting alone.

CY
Aww. That's sweet of you. I'll drive as fast as I can.

JUSTIN
I try.

FADE TO:
EXT. SATURN VUE
The car is steadily cruising down the street. It's apparent it hasn't been washed in a few weeks.

CUT TO:
INT. SATURN VUE
CY
We're almost there. This was way better than taking
the 101.

JUSTIN
I agree.

A cell phone starts ringing.

JUSTIN
Oh hey babe... okay... oh... alright then.

CY
She's there already.

JUSTIN
Yep.

CY
Frick. Sorry, man.

JUSTIN
It's cool.
FADE OUT


So that was on Friday the 13th of this October when we went to go to Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights. It was a lot of fun. We had wanted to get to Citywalk before Heather did, but that didn't happen. Regardless, we still had a very fun night. We ate at a cool seafood restaurant called Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co. and spent the rest of the rainy night in Universal Studios for their Halloween event.

There was a camera crew running around getting people to participate in a scream contest. The finalists would be put up on the website the following day to be voted on by the public. Justin and I both participated in this contest. Justin went first and didn't do too bad at all. I went next. Justin and I sort of have this competitive kind of relationship. He and I always have to one up each other. (in a related note, Justin and I are in the same history class. We got our tests back today. I got a 95. He got a 96... touche, friend. touche.). I screamed for the camera. It was the most hammed up scream I think I could ever do. Ever. Justin promptly said, "You suck. That was like 4 screams. You know you're going to be on the website."

... and on the website I was! I wasn't a finalist, but I did make their "Outtakes" reel. I found a way to rip the video off their site and upload it for myself on YouTube. So without further ado, here is my blood-curdling debut. I'm at 1:14...


Good times. Good times.


2 reactions. Post a Comment:

Justin Gott said...

Deja vu. . .

I love the script-writing. It seems a little too familiar though. That Justin character seems funny :D

I really enjoyed the post. Two hundred fake points to you, sir!

And a gold star!

- - - That trusty sidekick

Anonymous said...

Nice! Cy! You were on the video!!!! Yay! Nice scream!! Haha

~mallory~