Sunday, November 27, 2005

...Some Catholic Holiday.

That's what i've been referring to it as... I think it's St. Bonifacio or something...

...but anyway, I've been talking with a lot of people on different instant messenging programs, primarily AOL Instant Messenger. Becky, Becca, Tom, Alex, Leah, Candi... lots of people. So look me up sometime... my screen name is cyserrano. Original, eh? I'm pretty much on on the weekend sometimes.

Back to the title. It's "some Catholic Holiday" today. That's why I'm spending a lot of time online. That's why there's no school today.

I'm in downtown right now at Kaloi's internet cafe again. I would've just stayed home today, but I had to meet with my marketing class group today to discuss our presentation on Thursday. We made a lot of progress... It was weird... at some point, because there's 6 of us, the two Korean girls were talking in Korean, two of the Filipino guys were talking in Visaya (a dialect that's a version of Tagalog), and me and the other guy were talking in English. It was like language wars or something.

I've been trying to get my mom on AIM (AOL Instant Messenger), but I don't think she knows what she's doing. I need one of my tech savvy friends to go over to my house and show her.

Well not much has been happening these days... actually there is something. Maybe you can pray for it if that's your thing...

My cousin Jong has been missing the last two days. He didn't go to his mom's house and he didn't come to our house. Last week he took a carpenter's bike and didn't return it. We think he lost it. So then, because of that, I think he didn't come back home because he was afraid. His brother found him and told him to come home... I'm not too sure what's going on right now... but I know the consensus at my house is that Jong isn't allowed in the house... This isn't the first time something like this has happened, so it's justifiable for the moment I suppose... I dunno. Just pray for the kid.

Alright enough of the family drama. I am now a master of the public transportation system. I can pretty much get to anywhere I want now. One of these days, I'm just going to grab my camera and a handful of pesos and just go around on the jeepneys shooting pics whereever I can. Sounds fun.

Sadly, this blog is ending on a sad note. Continuing with the topic of "not coming home"... Waggily the dog pictured on the right:


... hasn't been home in the last week. Unfortunately, he has probably become a tasty and satisfying meal of one of the neighbors. I know it's horrible to think about that, but it's the truth. That's the culture here. Dog is a meat. Trust me. I won't be eating any Dog while i'm here. ech.

Alrighty, I'm starving now, so I'm gonna get some grub (not dog).

Take it easy everyone.
Cy

3 reactions. Post a Comment:

Justin Gott said...

Hey I'm talking to you RIGHT NOW! O man, how weird! Miss ya bud

Anonymous said...

I will never take my dogs to visit The Homeland (that's how I'm going to refer to the Phillipines from now on). You are prayed for.

Anonymous said...

Praying for Jong and the dog. Hope they both come home soon