Thursday, September 01, 2005

Crash.


First off. Go see this movie. Now. Stop reading this blog, stand up, and go see Crash. In the Antelope Valley we have a Cinemark Dollar Theater. That's where I watched it. Quality movie for not that much. Great deal. If you don't have a theater that's playing Crash nearby, then rent/buy it when it comes out on DVD September 6.

Ok so here's what's going on in my life.

I woke up today at 7:30am. Yeah I know, that doesn't happen very often with me, but today was special. haha.

I took a shower, got ready and headed over to Primo Cafe, a nice little restaurant that serves breakfast all day, at 8am. I had breakfast with my friends Justin L., George, Alex, Becca, and her sister. I had a Bacon and Cheese Omelet and it was not all that great. Plus, I don't like omelets all that much, so I guess you could say that I was doomed from the start. But having breakfast was enjoyable, no doubt.

From Primo I drove over to the mall where I now have a job at Anchor Blue. My shift started at 9:30am (or so I thought, more on that in a second...). I learned how to restock the jeans. That was cool. However, something reeked of vomit around the front display and the guys' denims. Very odd.

So one of my managers, Rita, asked me what time I was working until. I told her I wasn't sure if it was 2 or 3, so we check the schedule. Turns out I wasn't supposed to be working at all! This was news to me, because I thought I was working Mon-Thurs and not Friday, but I guess I'm working Friday and not Thursday. So eh, I got sent home. haha.

In the parking lot, some girl drove through a puddle and it splashed on me. That wasn't fun.

I got home and promptly took a nap. I woke up at 4pm. Uh oh.

At 3:30pm I was supposed to be at Red Lobster to fill out paper work. I got up, ran to the car, and drove the fastest I have ever driven. I got to RL at 4:10. Talked to an assistant manager and this is our conversation:

"Well Cy, we can't do your paperwork now because we're too busy," (they were not busy.)

"Oh, ok"

"Yeah, this is your third time being late now?"

"Um, no. The first time had to be rescheduled. This is my first time actually coming in the store."

"Well, we're going to have to reconsider your hire with the other managers. We'll call you to let you know."

"Oh, ok. Sorry bout all that."

"It's ok. Have a nice day."

"Uh huh. You too."

And I walked out as I murmured under my breath: "dangit". So I drove back home and slept again. Also... the manager I spoke with was a little rash... not very personable. Kinda pushy.

Here's the thing with Red Lobster. I had two interviews there. Last Wednesday and Thursday. I was told I would receive a phone call on Friday letting me know if I was hired or not. I waited around at home all day on Friday waiting for that phone call. It never came. Saturday, I had to leave for San Diego, so I left my cell phone number with someone at the restaurant, hoping they would relay the message to Keith, the head manager. Sunday at about 5pm I get the call from Keith saying he'd like to hire me. He asks me to come in on Tuesday for paperwork. I say I have to get back to him on that because I don't know if I'm working then or not. So he tells me to call him back Monday. I do. ALL DAY. Everytime I call, I'm put on hold for 5 minutes+, so I hang up. I call at 4pm, I'm finally told he's in a meeting and to call back in an hour. I do. He's left for the day. So I call Tuesday. He tells me to come in Thursday at 3:30pm. Which I was late to.

So conclusion: I don't even know if I want to work for Red Lobster anymore. Just with my experience with them now, I don't think I'd enjoy working there. On Sunday, Olive Garden called me asking me to come in for an interview which I had to decline because I was waiting for Ketih to call me to tell me if I got the job at Red Lobster or not.

Ugh. It's frustrating. So anyway, tomorrow, I go to Anchor Blue at 9:30am for work. If I get a call from Red Lobster saying they'll hire me, I might not take it. If they don't want to hire me, that's no skin off my back.

Ok so I picked up my mom at 6pm. Found out... it's their 22nd anniversary today! Yay! That's pretty cool. They've been with each other for 30 years, married for 22 of those years. It's awesome.

At 8pm, Justin came over. We hung out for a little then went to see Crash at 9:25pm. And you already know how I feel about that movie. All-star cast, great plot lines, great acting by everyone. Really heart felt, definitely emotional. Pure edge-of-your-seat, though not cheesy, meaningful stories. Go see it. now.

Well It's time for me to sleep. Oh yeah. Yesterday I bought two new CDs: Death Cab For Cutie's PLANS and from the lead singer of Something Corporate, Andrew McMahon's new band Jack's Mannequin and their debut CD Everything in Transit. Both CDs are superb.

If heaven and hell decide
That they both are satisfied
Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs

If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark


The time for sleep is now,
Cy

Tomorrow: Friday? Maybe an AUDIOPOST!? That's new, eh? If you have quicktime, it'll work.

Categories: , , ,

1 reactions. Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.