Tuesday, September 06, 2005

FRUSTRATING!

Yeah so you all know that my car died on me last Saturday if you listened to my audiopost...

Today, we made arrangements for AAA to get a towing company to move my car from my aunt's house to the Saturn Dealership.

I get out of the shower at like 11:30.
My dad says that we have to be at the car in 30-40 minutes because that's the time frame the towing company gave us.

So we leave the house at maybe 11:50. On the way there, I get a phone call on my cell phone. It's the towing company. She talks...

"Hi Mr. Serrano?"
"Yes?"
"Yeah, this is the towing company. Our driver is with your vehicle now. Are you close by?"
"Yeah, we're about 10 minutes away."
"Ok, just call us when you get there."
"Uh. Ok."

That last line from her didn't make that much sense to me.

We get to my Aunt's house. No tow truck. The guy took off. So I call the towing company. She says, "Ok, we're sending him out. It'll be about 15 minutes."

So we wait for 15 minutes... 30 minutes...

She calls again.

"Sir?"
"Yes..."
"Sorry, we got really busy the last half hour. He's leaving now."
"Ok. Great."

So we wait for about another half an hour.

My dad is fed up at this point. He asks for my phone and he calls the towing company. And he rips them a new one.

Ironically enough, the tow truck happens to show up in the middle of my dad's verbal slaughtering. The tow truck guy gets out of the truck and gives me a friendly hello. My dad gets off the phone... obviously not happy.

Next thing we know, the tow truck guy gets a little nextel *beep beep* and the same lady radios to him...

"...this is ridiculous. Just leave."

That's the most I caught of the conversation. The tow truck guy is noticibly feeling the awkwardness of this situation. He says...

"I don't know what's going on..."

So he gets in his truck. Backs up as if he's positioning himself, then drives away. We wait for maybe 3 minutes. We realize he's not coming back. My dad's pretty much furious at this point and has resorted to placing the blame on me...

"If you would have woken up earlier!!!..."

I talked some sense into him... by explaining what really went down.

First off, the tow truck guy, being early, should not have left even though we weren't there yet. If he would have waited until the time they gave us, everything would have been just fine.

Secondly, this lady was obviously not dealing with us correctly. All matters are supposed to be settled through AAA. AAA contracts out the towing company, not us. So there shouldn't even have been conversation between us and the towing company (save the driver).

Eh. It was all very frustrating.

Luckily, my mom is the great negotiator/complainer/guilt tripper/chew-you-out-until-you-die-inside go-to person. She's great. We got a $100+ order of pizza for free because of her one time. I love the woman. So she works things out, files a complaint with AAA and reports the towing company. Great lady. She also got a different driver and everything to come out and tow the car later in the afternoon. So right now, my car is at the dealership where tomorrow, should be ready for pickup. It's awesomeness.

In other news... my job is amazing. I love working at Anchor Blue. The people are so chill and the responsibility I have isn't too taxing, yet I'm not just bumming around. It's perfect. Tomorrow I'm calling Olive Garden to see about that interview. Haven't heard from Red Lobster still. That's fine. They're all poo poo heads. Don't eat at the Palmdale Red Lobster. And don't use Antelope Valley Towing Company.

Haha, that's it for now.

Sorrow drips into your heart through a pinhole
Just like a faucet that leaks and there is comfort in the sound
But while you debate half empty or half full
It slowly rises, your love is gonna drown


Shalom,
Cy

PS: Buy Crash on DVD!

Categories: ,

1 reactions. Post a Comment:

Justin Gott said...

What about Chelsea and Jacque, punk? You know your influence on those 6 people who read your blog might cost them tips :D Ha your mom IS great. Glad it all worked out. Maybe you should try to wake up earlier. . .