Friday, July 23, 2004

War Sucks.

I'm serious. I want this freakin war to end, now! I hate that we're over there killing people and that we're sending our own citizens over there to a hostile place where our own are dying everyday.

I read today that they found the head of Paul Johnson, an American who worked on Apache hellicopters. He was captured and soon after, beheaded. I did some research online and stumbled across a link to a site that had pictures and a video of the beheading. I really didn't want to watch it, but the curious side of me did, so I checked out the pictures, and my eyes welled up with tears. War is so ugly... I hate this. I definitely knew I didn't want to watch the video... but I did. It made me sick. Sick to my stomach (It's very, very graphic) and sick just about fighting and war and all this crap. I don't know how I feel about them putting the video on the internet, but first amendment rights and all... Ugh. It's disgusting.

If you really want to see the pictures and the video, you'll be able to find it... I'm definitely not giving out the link here. Have a strong stomach too... I can take pretty gruesome/gross stuff... but this was hard for me.

Man, I hope this ends soon. Peace and love to all our troops and civilians out there. We're praying for you and want you all to return safely. God, watch over them...


"I HAVE SEEN WAR
I HAVE SEEN WAR ON LAND AND SEA. I HAVE SEEN
BLOOD RUNNING FROM THE WOUNDED... I HAVE
SEEN THE DEAD IN THE MUD. I HAVE SEEN CITIES
DESTROYED... I HAVE SEEN CHILDREN STARVING.
I HAVE SEEN THE AGONY OF MOTHERS AND WIVES.

I HATE WAR"

-Franklin Delano Roosevelt


Dang, this sucks.
Cy

0 reactions. Post a Comment: