Friday, July 23, 2004

Musical Fever: Catch It.

Hey gang... now for something a little more light-hearted...

I'M HOOKED ON MUSICALS! I had a lot of fun doing My Fair Lady in drama last year, but it didn't really spark an interest in me. So this past June, we went to Broadway in New York and watched Phantom of the Opera. I took some pictures inside Phantom of the Opera and Hairspray. Yeah, I know you're not supposed to, but I loved it a lot... just had to.

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA


Wow! This was an incredible musical! It was my first and I loved it very much. The story is so rich and emotion driven. Good stuff. Great acting, great singing. Loved it.



HAIRSPRAY: THE MUSICAL


I saw this in San Diego as I mentioned a couple days ago with my mom. It was a lot of fun to watch. There was just a bunch of energy. Also, Bruce Vilanch was so funny. He plays Tracy's mom in the musical. There were a lot of ad libbed parts that he did... From our political system to Martha Stewart... it was so funny. Anyway, had a blast. SEGREGATION SUCKS!




THE PRODUCERS


This is going to be great. I've kinda wanted to see this since it first came out, I think two-three years ago. Anyway, I'm going to be seing this in Orange County on August 22... So yeah, I heard it's really funny and somewhat offensive. Nice. Mel Brooks is the man.



Musical Fever: Inhale it, get infected, cough it up, give it to the one you love.
Cy

0 reactions. Post a Comment: