Tuesday, July 20, 2004

I'm Back: It's been awhile

Hey gang,

Man it's been a long time since i've updated this thing. Almost more than a month. I actually tried to post something on the 4th of July, but something went wrong or something.

Anyway, how are you? Thanks for dropping by. Not many people read this anyway, so think of yourself as pretty darn special.

So I went to San Diego this past weekend with the folks, it was pretty awesome. I slept all the way there and all the way back, so no long drive for me. But anyway, We were down there because it was my uncle's 50th birthday. His family threw him a huge bash, about a hundred or so people were there. There was a caterer and everything, some awesome food, some awesome music, awesome stuff. It's crazy though, because most of my cousins are older than me, so a lot of them were drinking. A lot. It was actually quite funny to watch.

That got me thinking. 50 years old... that's only 33 years away for me. I'm basically a third of the way there. 50! That's crazy...

On Sunday we went downtown where we stayed at a pretty nice hotel right in the heart of downtown. Sunday night, my mom and I saw Hairspray the musical. We weren't really planning on it. It was just an idea. We didn't have tickets or anything, we actually went 20 minutes before the show started to see if they had leftover tickets. $32 for cheap seats up in the balcony. We ran into a lady who was with her church group and two people in her group couldn't make it, so she sold the tickets to us. $100 for two tickets, Row K of the Orchestra section. These were $68 seats, so we got a great deal! My mom had a lot of fun. It was the first time she saw a musical. I had seen Phantom of the Opera this past June on Broadway in N.Y., and since then, I've been hooked on musicals. I'm going to see The Producers in Orange County on August 22.

Well, that's all the time I have for right now... Gotta go do stuff...

Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease,
Cy

1 reactions. Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo Cy,

Hey you went to a catered event. Right on. I have been wondering how it would be if somebody I knew came to an event that I worked. Don't know how I would react.

Very cool that you went to go see Hairspray in downtown LA. How was it? I too have started to develop an interest in theater. Downtown LA is one of my haunts - I have had a lot of fun their. Bums, site seeing, almost getting arrested. Oh but that is a whole other post.

- Abe