Friday, February 09, 2007

[last night]

I had a talk with Luke, asking him about another friend of ours and how he is doing. He tells me, "Not good." I figured as much. I've been calling him and he hasn't returned my calls. He didn't show up to church on Wednesday night and he missed the Men's group. It's not something he would usually do, so naturally, I worry. Maybe worry is the wrong word. I'm concerned.

What concerns me most is that Luke says to me, "He's made a mistake and unfortunately, he is paying for it now." Several ideas pop into mind, but I don't want to speculate. I love this guy. He's pretty much the older brother I've never had. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but what Luke says to me is troubling. I resolve to pray for this guy and hope that God works out the best.

I absolutely dislike being in the dark on issues that deal with people close to my heart. I want to know what's going on, but I trust that the proper people do know and when this brother is ready, he'll call me up and tell me what's going on in his life. Luke reaffirms me saying, "All will soon be revealed." He shares that what's going on with our friend won't stay hidden for long; that I will soon know what is happening and that I will be hurt by it, but that I will be able to cope with it and still love him.

Now that scares me. What is going on? As I start my day, I can only push wandering thoughts of endless possibilities aside and trust that God is doing what God needs to do and that man will always have sin and that's just the facts of life.

Amen.

0 reactions. Post a Comment: