Friday, February 09, 2007

[are you kidding me?]

2006.01.28

Church was awesome, but I'm flippin' hungry now. Several of my friends and I head out to the mall to grab some grub from the food court. After pondering what I had the appetite to eat for a couple minutes, I decide on The Great Steak Company My friends Kat and Tila choose to get their food from the Mediterranean place right next to the Great Steak.

"Oh, Cy! Where are you eating?"

"Great Steak."

"Have you ever tried this stuff? It's SO good."

"Uh... not really." I say.

Just then, the man behind the counter raises a piece of meat skewered onto a toothpick, and says "Sample? Sample?"

Kat says, "Yeah, Cy! Try one! It's really awesome. No kidding!"

I grab the sample from the guy and as I do, he says,

"Yeah! Try something other than Chinese food for a change!"

I chuckle... -WAIT. What? Did you seriously just make a racially insensitive joke at me? I respond with the only thing I can think of at the time,

"Dude... I don't even really like Chinese food."

In retrospect, I should've said, "Dude, I'm not even Chinese" or maybe retaliate with "Or maybe you should go eat some hummus or something!" Nah, I wouldn't say that.

He goes, "Oh. Whatever."

Yeah... I won't be eating there.

...Whatever.

0 reactions. Post a Comment: