Thursday, February 15, 2007

[beginnings]

I drop by his place tonight. He's in his room so I hang with his roommates for a bit watching V for Vendetta. He comes out, says hi to me, gives me a hug, and grabs a drink of water. As he retreats back into his room, he waves at me and says,

"Cy, I'm saying goodbye for now. I probably won't be seeing you for a while."

I get up and give him another hug.

Well, he's moving. Most likely at the end of the month. I'll be sad for a little bit, but the joy from knowing he's taking care of himself and getting better overwhelms any sorrow I can feel. I see this as a new chapter in his life and my own. A chance to end one story and begin another. I wish the best for him and hope he keeps his smile.

Sometimes clichés are great: If you love something, you'll let it go.

I love you, man. Take care of yourself. Get better.

0 reactions. Post a Comment: