Sunday, March 19, 2006

Wait! Stop!

I shall explain the title later...

So today (Saturday) was pretty cool. slightly eventful.

I wake up at 11am. Thank goodness for sleeping in late on Saturdays.

Get to work at 12pm.

Work was kinda interesting.

So one of my coworkers Kenny, this 17-year old guy; senior in high-school is working with me today. He doesn't look 17. I thought maybe he was my age (19) or a little older. He's on register and I'm out and about on Fitting Room duty and customer servicing. After he wraps up with a customer he comes to me and is like...

"Dude, remember that lady who came in with the little girl who was dancing around all over the place?"

I nod.

"Well, I was ringing up her stuff and when I handed her the receipt she gave me a slip of paper with her phone number on it."

I'm shocked. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah! She's like in her late 20s too! She was just like 'You were really nice.'"

haha. He told me he is nowhere near interested, though. lol.

--An hour later--

"Oh man, Cy."

"what now?"

"This lady I was ringing up left some money on the counter. I told her she forgot her change and she said to keep it. She was tipping me!"

What!? I have never heard of anyone in retail getting tips. What's with this Kenny guy? I told him, "Haha man, looks like the older ladies have an attraction to you."

He laughs. "That's not funny, man!"

He's a cool kid.


Another odd thing happened at work today. While I was on fitting room duty, a guy came up to me and asked to use one. He had 4 items, so I hand him a tag, unlock a fitting room for him and let him get to business.

I float around the store for a bit, customer servicing, let a girl into a fitting room and go back to more customer servicing. I remembered this guy was browsing with his girlfriend, who I could not spot anywhere in the store. I had only let the guy into the fitting rooms, as we don't allow couples to use the same room. But apparently, she had gone in while I wasn't paying attention.

I then thought, "Man, this guy is taking a long time to try on 4 things."

My first reaction is to think that he might be shoplifting. The other girl I let into the fitting rooms had already left, so I head back there, and I swear I heard some... well, let's just say it was suggestive of something. It was faint, not blatantly or obnoxiously loud... but still there. Or at least I thought so.

I thought I heard a shushing noise too, so I kinda hung around just to confirm my suspicions... but then I was called to the cashwrap. The couple came out shortly after.

Did the two join the retail equivalent of the "Mile High Club"? I dunno... but it was something to ponder over for a couple hours.


After I got off work at 5pm, I played on my computer for a bit.


Emily, Justin L., Mallory, and her boyfriend Mike came over and we chatted for a bit while playing Jenga.

It's funny, because I'm like the hired entertainer for my friends. I'm the one to look to to plan things for the whole group or to come up with some sort of game. I deliver. Tonight, I played the role of the 5th wheel. Which I don't mind too much. Did I mention that I plan to be in a dating relationship this year? At least it's a goal.

After a bit of that, we head to Wal Mart to look for another game to buy. I have Cranium, Monopoly, Twister, Scene It, Guess Who, Jenga, Bop It Xtreme, and a cool game called Hillarium, but we've played all of those out. We were disappointed to find nothing interesting at Wal Mart. I'm trying to find this game called Curses. Can't find it anywhere. I may have to resort to buying it online.

So after Wal Mart, we head to Marie Callendar's where we order dessert... I order mozarella sticks because I was hungry. I'm always hungry. We played some mind games that frustrated Mike and Emily, but we pitied them so much, we told them how they worked. We talked for awhile while eating our pie and cheesecake. It was nice.

So anyway, the title of the blog comes from a memorable event that happened between Mallory and I...

...but I'm tired. So i'll tell the story tomorrow. *sunday*

Peace out yallz!
Cy

4 reactions. Post a Comment:

Justin Gott said...

I hate working on Saturday nights - - wish I had been there.

I could have been your date :D

Your good buddy (but not that way),

Husteen

Anonymous said...

I waited in suspense the entire blog, wondering the explaination for the title... even though I really already know! :-)
I'll be looking for it soon, here buddy...
I had a blast seeing you this weekend! Glad you're back!

~Mallory~

Anonymous said...

...hmm

Anonymous said...

ich find die storys eigentlich nich so toll. wollt auch nur ma schauen ob es noch jemand aneren auf der welt gibt der cy heisst, bin nämlich der einzige den ich kenne. bin 20, freut mich dasse wieder da bist und wünsch dir noch nen schönes leben. hope you´ll get a new president soon and that your country lets this war shit be. peace und geh steil