Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I've caught the VIBE once more.

Today was my first day back on the job at Anchor Blue. Apparently, Maria my boss is going to give me more hours this time around. I worked an 8 hour shift today. I have not had to stand this long in quite a while. Oh, and my pay's been moved up to $7/hour; a quarter more than last year. It was good to be back. I'm still familiar with the register and all that, so it's cool.

We bought two movies today; Shaun of the Dead ($10 at Wal Mart) and Jarhead ($16). We watched Jarhead tonight. It was the first time any of us had seen it. My thoughts on it? Incredible. Sam Mendes does an amazing job. I guess he also did American Beauty and Road to Perdition; two other movies that I also enjoy.

It's quite vulgar, but I bet it's a pretty darn accurate description of how the Corps really is. To think... I seriously thought about joining the Marines for a while... I haven't told many people that, but yeah, it was a serious consideration.

Well... I work tomorrow from 10am-2pm, so come drop by Anchor Blue and say "Wassup, Cy??"... That would be neat.

0 reactions. Post a Comment: