Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I'm.. *yawns* ..sleepy.

Interesting day today. I wake up at about 1pm. Check my phone.

"You have a new voicemail"

Call the voicemail. Press '1' to hear the new message.

"Hey, Cy. It's Veronica. It says here that you're scheduled to be here at 10am. Didn't get a message saying that you weren't. Please call me back as soon as you get this. I have no one here with me for opening."

Press '7' to delete it. Check the time of the call. 10:32am.

crap.

I check my schedule. Sure enough, I was scheduled from 10am-12pm and from 8pm-3am. I forgot I was working a split shift.

I decide to pass the time to 8p with more World of Warcraft. 7:45p rolls around. I hop in the car and head to work.

Melissa sees me and says

"Oh hey, Cy. We didn't know you were coming in tonight. Maria said we'd be going home early if you don't come in."

Oh...

I walk into the stockroom where Maria and our assistant manager Brianne are. Maria says

"Cy! Missed you this morning. Were you OK?"

I explain to them that I forgot I was supposed to work a split shift.

"Oh Okay. Just wanted to make sure you were fine. We can talk about it later."

...what they really wanted to know was... "WHERE THE HECK WHERE YOU?"

So... we work. and work. on the visual change. The entire Men's side is redone. I did wall 2, so look at that and be proud.

12:30am rolls around and Maria asks if we're ready for our 30-minute break... which for some reason whenever it is, it is always called "lunch". I say yes, I'm pretty hungry, and she lets me go out to get food. I drive to Carl's Jr... and sit in the drive-thru right by the menu for literally 5 or 6 mins...

"Hello?"... "Hello!?" <-- for 5-6 minutes.

I pull forward and aparently they close at 11p.

I go to Jack in the Box and get a burger and fries. Eh, it's not all that great. I'm sippin on the large lemonade I got from there right now, too.

I return to Anchor Blue and we work some more til 3:30am.

Now I am home. I killed 40 minutes playing WoW, until I realized...

I'm dead freakin tired.

So now, after writing this blog, I am even more tired.

so... that's it.

good night.

0 reactions. Post a Comment: