Saturday, February 25, 2006

Thought 2

My friends. No one in the Antelope Valley has any idea that I am also coming home with my folks. Boy, are they in for a surprise. I’m trying to think of the best ways to drop the secret on them.

I figure with Justin, I’ll have my mom call him to come and pick up his My Chemical Romance CD that I borrowed ages ago and the first season of Lost. When he knocks on the door, I’ll be the one to answer it. That’ll be shocking. I suppose I’ll have to swear him to secrecy not to tell anyone. We’ll probably head over to his house where I can surprise his family as well. The Gott’s are a pretty cool family. They’re up there on my “it” list.

Lebens is going to be a harder one. Well, maybe not. I suppose I can just go to In-N-Out when he’s working and nonchalantly walk up, order a #1, ketchup only, with a chocolate shake in addition to the drink. He’ll probably say “What’s up, dude!?”, like he always does. It’ll be nice. I like surprising people.

As for Mallory and Emily, I have no idea how I can surprise them without waiting too long. I don’t want to be in the AV for a whole week and not have them know that I’m home. I suppose a simple phone call will have to do.

For JR, Grant, Fred, Charlie, Leila, Luke, Grace, Alden, and that whole crew, I think I will just show up to devotional on Wednesday unannounced. On Sunday, the whole congregation will know that I’m back. I might even song lead. Haha, that would be good.

For Becky, Tom, and all those cool kids, I’ll give them a simple phone call. Or I’ll ask Justin or Lebens to put some kind of gathering together. We’ll see.

2 reactions. Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming this was written sometime prior to its posting. I was seriously blown away when you called--I thought you were calling from the Homeland. I can't wait to hang out with you sometime. I might be in the AV sometime in March or so...

Justin Gott said...

We're all just glad that you're back bud.

Safe, and just back.

See you tomorrow probably.

JUSTIN