Friday, February 24, 2006

Thoughts from the Airport

02.19.06

As I write this I am sitting at a table with my dad’s Apple Powerbook G4. We are in the international terminal at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila. I’ve got Microsoft Word open and I’m typing freely as thoughts flow out of my mind. Maybe they’re not really flowing freely. Actually, it’s a mess of thoughts. It seems really difficult to sort them all out; maybe even a bit overwhelming. I’m sniffling a lot because I smelled some cologne yesterday that had something I’m allergic to. It’s an uncomfortable feeling really.

Thought 1:
Dang. I’m so excited to be going home. I’ve missed my mom, my dog, my friends, my home, and my routine since day one in the Philippines. I’m glad my mom suggested that I come home earlier than planned with them. My time in the Philippines has been great, but man, there’s really no place like home. Lancaster is my home.

0 reactions. Post a Comment: