Tuesday, January 09, 2007

My mind... is blown.

Yesterday at the MacWorld Expo 2007 in San Francisco, Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced something absolutely ridiculous. And by ridiculous, I mean it is probably the best thing since sliced bread.

A couple months ago, I watched this concept video for iTalk, a fan's rendition of what he envisioned an Apple produced cell phone to be. Check out the clip:


*By the way, the name of the song in this faux advertisement is "In the Waiting Line" by English electronica band Zero 7. Their stuff is downtempo and really chill. I love sleeping to it.*


I knew then that if the real deal was anything like that, it'd be totally awesome... And well today, I found out about the actual real deal...

Coming this June is the new iPhone. Can Apple seriously bring us anything cooler than this? It's a widescreen iPod, an incredibly user-friendly cell phone, and a mini-internet device all rolled into one small, fits-in-the-palm-of-your-hand product.




I watched the entire keynote that Steve Jobs gave yesterday online and my brains are completely splattered along the back of my wall. That is how mind-blowing this new technology is.

Apple has been working hand-in-hand with top companies Cingular, Google, and Yahoo! to bring us this incredible new innovation. The new iPhone is going to be available exclusively with Cingular. I just switched my service provider over from T-Mobile to Cingular today actually before even knowing about this. I'm so glad I did, because once June comes around, this baby is MINE.

Here's a montage of the clips found from the apple site that someone put together up on Google Video.


Steve Jobs is truly a visionary for those of us growing up in this technology/information age. I can't wait to see what he and the rest of the Apple crew come up with. This is the stuff that changes the world as we know it! He mentioned a quote in his keynote that I really liked:

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been."
-Wayne Gretzky


That's our generation right there... coming up with new and exciting stuff. It's fun.

Do some more diggin' on your own:
Apple's iPhone Page
http://www.apple.com/iphone

Steve Jobs' Keynote for MacWorld 2007
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/keynote/

TIME Magazine Article
http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1575410,00.html

Engadget (with pictures from Jobs' keynote)
http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/the-apple-iphone/

More Engadget pictures of the iPhone
http://www.engadget.com/photos/first-iphone-pics/

1 reactions. Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm really sorry that your brains are splattered all over the wall. You should have at least waited until you got the phone to get that excited.

I'd be so bored if I wasn't so funny. Talk to you soon.