Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A new change in lifestyle.

This week has been totally new for me. I've decided to totally quit playing World Of Warcraft. The game just isn't fun for me anymore and I realize I can be doing so much more beneficial things with the time I used to spend on the game.

Yesterday, I actually took the initiative to start working on building a better body. I've always been skinny my whole life, except for when I was a pudgy little baby. At 5'9'', I currently weigh in at 140 pounds. Not a whole heck of a lot. So I did some searching around last night, typing things like "skinny to buff" "workout regiments for skinny" "gaining weight/muscle" kinds of things into google.com and found a really great message board at DaveDraper.com.

Pretty much, the basics to gaining weight/muscle is 4-fold. The first is obvious.
1. Eat A LOT. I'll elaborate more on this later
2. Lift a lot, a lot.
3. Drink plenty of water
4. Get 8+ hours of sleep

I've started on 1 and 3 today. I'm only getting 7 hours of sleep tonight :( and number 2 I'm starting tomorrow with a simple regiment of

Clean and Press 10,8,6
Bent Over Row with Dumbbell 12,10,8
Squat 3x10

I'm not familiar with weightlifting. The only lifting I did was light stuff while doing cross country and track. But that was more on muscle endurance, not muscle strength.

As for the eating, protein is a HUGE part of building muscle. (As I've been reminded in biology this week, proteins are the building blocks of life!) Thus, it's a goal for me to consume 1.25-1.5g x my body weight in proteins. That's around 190-210g of protein a day, folks.

I got started on it today, and these are my totals for the day:


Anyway, I'm excited for this new change in lifestyle. I think it's important to stay healthy and whatnot.

--

In other news, classes at AVC have been going grandtacular. More on that later this week. Also, pictures from HOBY WLC this week as well.

Peace,
Cy

2 reactions. Post a Comment:

Justin Gott said...

Bravo. . .

For me, it just took several months of table tending to have a little change ha ha.

O, and it's on fool. It's on like Donkey Kong. You're going down!

Anonymous said...

Cy, skinny is beauiful.