Thursday, October 27, 2005

So... I'm here... in the homeland.

Hey all you crazy viewers out there. Yep. It's me. Cy. And I finally found some time to sit at an internet cafe and type out a Blog.

It's Thursday the 27th at 7:40pm as I write this, and if you look at the bottom of this blog, you'll see what time this was posted U.S. time.

My flight:
From the time leaving LAX to arriving at DVO (Davao Int'l Airport), I was traveling for 26 hours. Yikes. It was exhausting.

Today I enrolled (sorta) for classes at Ateneo de Davao University. It was confusing and I didn't really understand what was going on. I'm still not done with the process and I guess that I have to finish it sometime by next week.

So far, it's been pretty good here in the Philippines. I'm kinda homesick, but it's all good. I miss a lot of my friends out there in the U.S.. I miss my mama. I miss everyone. It's crappy. But hey, It's a good experience out here for me, eh?

Ugh, I miss playing WoW too. I know, still the nerd :P but there's people I know on there now too who I miss talking too. And my priest is 2 levels away from 60 and is a Master Sergeant now too! Man! I wanna play it so bad.

Wireless DSL should be coming to the house sometime in the next week or two if everything works out. It'll be compatible with my dad's apple laptop, but when he leaves in 4 weeks, I don't know if it'll work out with the computer we have here now (my old piece of junk we sent here last year).

This is like my only communication with everyone back home. I've got a cell phone, but it's hecka expensive for me to call anyone and sending texts back to the U.S. costs 15 pesos... My phone has 500 pesos worth of "Load" on it (think prepaid)... well it had 500 pesos. Eh. Oh and the exchange rate here? 55 pesos to a dollar. So... do the math... one text to the states is like 30 cents or something around there.

Well... I don't have a lot of time to write all this out... It's costing 15 pesos to be on this computer right now for one hour and between writing this blog, checking my myspace, and responding to emails, time is something I don't have a lot of these days. Keep sending me texts though, that's encouraging. And if you have the money, a phone call is nice too. It doesn't cost me a dime (or a peso... i guess)... but it might cost you a pretty penny. If you do want to contact me... my cell number here is 011-63-906-218-1454. Good luck with that.

When we do get internet back at the house, I'll be able to put pictures up, which I know is all you guys want to see. So until next time, just know, I'm safe. I miss everyone. I'm having a good time. I'm learning tagalog. And I am eating. haha.

Alrighty then.
Cy

PS: One of the "comforts of home" that I have right now is the Complete First Season of Lost. (The TV show). The Slater-Lunsfords bought it for me before my trip. So I'm watching it... and I'm hooked. It's a crazy show. Right now, my mom (who is still in Cali) is watching the second season of The O.C.. When my dad leaves in a couple weeks, He's gonna bring home Lost and my mom is going to send The O.C. with some friends who are staying at our house right now and are coming back to Davao in December. We're trading. How funny is that.

Ok, I'm out for real.
Cy (again)

2 reactions. Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow.That's intense. Let me know of any specific prayer requests (I'll get your email from Justin).Yeah, I'm still missing you Cy, and thanks for the call, it was good to hear from you, no matter how bad the reception. I don't know how much money you have, but you can get a decent Pocket PC and keyboard for around $350. A wireless card would be a little more, and you would be limited with what you do, but you would still have email and internet and such...

Justin Gott said...

Finally a blog! Just joshin bud - it was nice to text witcha the other day. Keep keepin in touch as much as you can. And just so you know, I'll probably be takin that LOST dvd when it comes back to the States. I want in!

Later - Justin